Starting over with everything..

I lived and worked in Japan for a long time and have come back in a time of economic and ever present family drama to try and gain a foothold in my so-called home country. Armed with nothing but dog fur, a crappy car, a laptop that hates me, I try to see how far I can get.

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Isn't it sad when rumors are more exciting than your life?

I don't call home as often as I should. Maybe there is a reason for that, but I'm not sure. After calling my brother and according to the family grapevine, I find out that I'm not only dating some person, but am close to getting married to him. How romantic! And completely not true... but it's a nice thought. Amongst the midst of love dust that surrounds the area I live in, (everyone is either getting engaged or married) it's nice to think I could be included, but alas I am not involved nor am I getting married at the present time.

It's a similiar feeling of when my students see me around town with friends. You were at Youme Town on Sunday, weren't you? Weren't you with your boooyfriend??? I had a bunch of friends come visit me this weekend and subsequently I walk arm and arm with some of them sometimes. At least my students think it's strange I'm not married and live alone. At least someone's keeping the fires of hope burning.

3 Comments:

  • At 5:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Oh Repunzel, Repunzel!! aren't thou meloncholy, a hue of blue not yet known to any good man. If only a prince of Hectors magnatude could decend from thy dreams and hail your sweet name from foot of thy somber tower. Then all that is caotic will align and all that seems beautifull seem brighter. Only then dearest maiden, the earnest onlooker can rest his weary soul.

     
  • At 10:22 PM , Blogger sarah said...

    Jamie, you nutter.. You made my day! I'll silently wait til my Prince comes, but in the meantime I'll be going out with thy court jestures (hey, clowns need lovin' too.) Eh well.

     
  • At 12:22 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Thanks fellow nut, i'm glad i made your day :) I'm sure he's just around the corner, but untill then i know you'll have fun you crazy Mehican :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home