Starting over with everything..

I lived and worked in Japan for a long time and have come back in a time of economic and ever present family drama to try and gain a foothold in my so-called home country. Armed with nothing but dog fur, a crappy car, a laptop that hates me, I try to see how far I can get.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

What will they think of next?

On my lunch break I was wandering around You Me town (my local mall) and was just looking at random crap when I came across the Father's Day section. For some reason I was drawn to the cufflinks and noticed a few odd ones among the very Dad-ish variety.

One set had the flag of Ireland on them. For all those Irish... Japanese people who live here... ?

I found a picture online of the second one's I saw online. I hope my doc buys them.


Off of the subject, I have the cutest little boy in one of my first grade elementary school classes. He's a little dirty old man reincarnated in a 6 year old's body. After everything he was taught in his first ever English class, he added the word 'baby'.

Singing a song: What's your name, what's your name, what's your name, babeee! Nice to meet you, baby! Hello, baby! Good morning, baby!

If it weren't for the air-humping guesture that he was making (a common thing for elementary school boys here) I would have thought it innocent. I hope he learns that saying 'baby' to random strangers stops being cute when you're not a kid. I think it's funny too how a simple lecture on self introduction can be changed into into 'how to pick up a date 101 for kids'. He's funny as hell.



Yet on another tangent, for some reason this all reminds me of when I used to work at Sears in the home appliance department. When I got bored I used to like to listen and giggle to myself whe my co-workers were trying to sell vacuum cleaners. I swear I have such toilet humor sometimes, but funny is funny.

Larry the sales associate: This model has more sucking power than any other model we carry.

Customer: Really? How does it do on short carpet?

Larry: Oh it's great on short or shag carpet. What kind of carpet do you have?

Customer: I have short carpet in most rooms, shag just gets too dirty.

Larry: Yes, I agree. What kind of a hose where you looking for?

Customer: I have a lot of hard to reach places, I'm guessing a long hose is best, but sometimes it's a lot of trouble. *sigh* And it just gets in the way. Plus I use the special attachments and I feel they work better with a short hose.

Larry: I see, this model over here has a short hose which can extend to make a longer hose, also you can add an attachment if you need more length. Were you comfortable with an upright?

So sue me, I was bored at work a lot. However, I did learn a lot about vacuums and other home appliances. I also worked in hardware and automotive later on. I learned a lot at that store. Am babbling now, must stop.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home