Starting over with everything..

I lived and worked in Japan for a long time and have come back in a time of economic and ever present family drama to try and gain a foothold in my so-called home country. Armed with nothing but dog fur, a crappy car, a laptop that hates me, I try to see how far I can get.

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Banging my head against the wall


... metaphorically speaking. Okay maybe I'll actually try doing it for real when I get home. I work with a few strange people but there is one guy who seems semi-normal but isn't apparently. I was told when I came to work today that he 'probably has a little bit of mental sickness inside and that's why he didn't come to work.' Wha~? This "normal guy" told me yesterday that his wife was pregnant again, he's got a 18 month old and that he was hoping to go on a vacation for summer but he couldn't go far because of her condition. Condition- ha! Wonder where she caught that from?

Anyway, he does this to me a bit and I usually stand in for his classes. It's friggin' ridiculous how often he doesn't come. I usually get told his daughter is sick or something to that affect, but I guess they decided they'd tell me the truth about Bob today. I have another friend of mine who does what I do that is going through the same thing but much worse because her co-worker is prone to have fits of crazy and refuse to go to class. Plus she works with another teacher who might as well be the Japanese version of Mommy Dearest. I don't know how she hasn't gone completely crazy already. I have nothing to complain about in comparison. Sometimes I guess it pays to be crazy.

I've gotten the you shouldn't be in school because it's summer and you and the students should be on vacation blues. School is sooo humid. Teenagers and teachers make for a very moldly, musky atmosphere. It's almost bad enough to make you feel faint sometimes. Anyway, it's late. I'm off to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home