Starting over with everything..

I lived and worked in Japan for a long time and have come back in a time of economic and ever present family drama to try and gain a foothold in my so-called home country. Armed with nothing but dog fur, a crappy car, a laptop that hates me, I try to see how far I can get.

Monday, February 19, 2007

Poop socks


Arriving at my elementary school today, the kids are busily cleaning the school as normal. I notice a group of kids huddled around something mysterious. Soon after a teacher shoos them away saying, 'there's nothing to see here, go to class' After I glance over to what the kids are walking away from, I see a turd wrapped up in tissue. (Cue, dry heaving motion.) Where the poop came from I haven't a clue and frankly I think I'm better off not knowing.

So I go to class and everything is going great until the game ends and the kids sit down. I then hear a kid in the corner yelling, "Ah!!!! UNCHI!!! UNCHI!!! UNCHI!!!" (Turd, turd, turd!) and pointing to a mushed brown spot on the carpet. Sure enough, the mysterious poop from the hallway made it's way inside my classroom. The girl next to the boy starts screaming too as she now has poopie on her socks. (We're not allowed to wear shoes in that classroom) So she takes her socks off and puts them in a heap and stares at them disgusted. (I find that a bit ironic considering she was picking her nose for most of class and regularly scratches herself, but I would do the same probably.) Everyone checks there own socks and sitting area and I make everyone move to the right. I make the boy who first spotted the poop stand-up and let me see the back of his pants to make sure he hasn't any poop smudges on the back of his pants. After the crisis was averted, we went to our drawing activity, while their homeroom teacher dashed outside to get poop cleaning supplies. I'm so happy I don't have to clean it.

After class, the girl with poop socks tries to leave them there, but another girl picks them up very carefully and tells her to take them. The other girl, screams and says, "No way!" to which her friend, her true friend I might add because there would've been no way I'd pick up poopie socks in the third grade, says "But they're your socks!" Then she responds with, "So what, they have poop on them!" I think I'm nodding slightly in agreement. The other girl said, "just put 'em in the washer and they'll be good as new." Cue the other girl running out of the room. See why I like teaching the 3rd grade?

2 Comments:

  • At 7:07 PM , Blogger Amanda said...

    Hee. That's a good story. I like the third graders too. I don't teach that age or anything, but when I get to tag along with Maurice to his classes sometimes, I think the third graders may be my favorite age (though the first graders are awfully cute).

     
  • At 9:02 PM , Blogger sarah said...

    They are very cute indeed. I think perhaps they have more goo coming in or around them though.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home