Starting over with everything..

I lived and worked in Japan for a long time and have come back in a time of economic and ever present family drama to try and gain a foothold in my so-called home country. Armed with nothing but dog fur, a crappy car, a laptop that hates me, I try to see how far I can get.

Monday, February 19, 2007

Fashionable in the 3rd grade

Today I was reminiscing about my favorite outfits in the third grade. One was a lovely turquoise/ borderline teal blue sweatpant outfit (blue sweatshirt and sweatpants) from K-mart or maybe JCPenny's am not sure. And another was my acid washed jeans (I'm an 80's child, gimmie a break) with my white turtleneck and green v-neck preppy sweater accompanied by a high side ponytail. Ah a vision, was I. And lastly my puffy paint smiley-face sweater that said, 'Don't worry' on the front and 'Be happy' on the back. Worn of course with the afore mentioned jeans and white turtleneck. Stylin'.

Today as I was teaching one of my favorite 3rd grade classes (3rd grade is my favorite grade to teach) I got several compliments on my outfit and hair today. Peachy button-up shirt with jeans, blue socks with white dogs on them (we can't wear shoes in the room I teach) and a headband to try and tame my hair from the monstrosity of a pouf it was in the morning. I felt really nice when these little kids all came to agreement on my outfit. Little kids who have bears and hearts and rabbits on their shirts. They sure as hell dress a lot better than me in the 3rd grade. I am perfectly contented to be a fashionista in the 3rd grade. May all of you have good hair day tomorrow. With that I leave you with a happy song.

6 Comments:

  • At 6:42 PM , Blogger karen said...

    I think I have many photos of me sporting a teenage mutant ninja turtle jersey (i'm sorry, sweater). And then if I got to hot I could take it off to reveal a TMNT t-shirt.

    As you can imagine, I was the coolest kid on the playground

     
  • At 12:15 AM , Blogger sarah said...

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 12:15 AM , Blogger sarah said...

    There was a kid at my school, Kenny Zimmerman, who wore TMNT everything almost everyday at school. He was into karate too. He was so into TMNT that it was rumored he pooped green too. Anyway, point being, you weren't like Kenny so you were probably did have a cool TMNT thang. Totally radical.

     
  • At 5:32 AM , Blogger Eli Ross said...

    All I have to say is parachute pants.

    As for TMNT, I actually remember bringing a katana -sp to school. I didn't even get in trouble, I love small towns.

     
  • At 5:07 PM , Blogger sarah said...

    Ah parachute pants, aka Hammer please don't hurt 'em pants, were my 4th grade fetish.

    Was your katana made of wood? I always think of that duck sign when I think of Orcas.

     
  • At 12:50 AM , Blogger Eli Ross said...

    No it was metal but not sharp. I don't even know they're supposed to be sharp. I just woke up from a dream about Orcas where it was Halloween and eveyone was REALLY dressed up. My Dad was there as well as some expats I've been hanging out with. It was all a bit mad but seemed normal. That pretty well sums up my feelings for Orcas.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home