Starting over with everything..

I lived and worked in Japan for a long time and have come back in a time of economic and ever present family drama to try and gain a foothold in my so-called home country. Armed with nothing but dog fur, a crappy car, a laptop that hates me, I try to see how far I can get.

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Obsession

I'm sooooo glad it's Friday. Not that I've had a particularly hard week or anything. I just find lately that I have an inclination towards not working that makes me look forward to the weekend as if it were Christmas. The weekends are a time for me to sleep in til 8:30, lounge in my pjs and eat peaches out of cans while watching American Choppers and theories on anthrax in the mail. Bliss, sheer bliss!!

However, lately I haven't been able to sleep really well for thinking about what I want to buy or how I'm going to redecorate my living room. I think of color schemes, making chair covers, spring cleaning. I threw 4 large garbage bags of things from my front room. Remnants of many years of teachers living in my house are strewn all over that front room. The majority is crap that the previous girl from England thought I might appreciate, things like: David and Victoria, an Invitation to the Wedding (David Beckham and Posh Spice's wedding, with full color exciting photos), coloring books about London, business cards of people she met, spy novels that a 4th grader wouldn't be tempted to read, etc... Most of that stuff is now in the garbage, hurray!! Is it sad that I can't wait to go home and clean something or move something into a new box or storage unit? Maybe I should get out more...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home