Starting over with everything..

I lived and worked in Japan for a long time and have come back in a time of economic and ever present family drama to try and gain a foothold in my so-called home country. Armed with nothing but dog fur, a crappy car, a laptop that hates me, I try to see how far I can get.

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Injury by shoe

I haven't blogged in a awhile. I haven't really had a whole lot to say recently. My head is really been in a strange kind of fog and I've really been trying to soak up which direction I should go to get out of it, but frankly I think I needed the fog so I just stayed put for a bit.
I've been thinking a lot about my future recently. I think I've been tentatively offered a position with my city, probably doing the same thing or just teaching at elementary schools for the next two years. It'll actually be harder than what I am doing, but I think I'm up for that challenge... maybe. I've also been thinking about home a lot. A big part of me wants to go back and get my masters or just another degree in teaching, but I don't know if I wanna spend the time back as a student. Having to deal with all the BS and bureaucracy that follows.

Lately, I've been a bit frustrated with the Japanese system of education. I have one special needs student named Koki that will be going into high school next year. And does he get to go to the one handicapp school in my prefecture? No, why because he scored too high on the test. He can't function in any of the normal classes here, but just because he scored too high he has to try to get into a normal high school my normal kids have problems getting into.

The teacher that sits next to me just got an injury on her hand because a student that was trying to ditch school threw her shoe at her. She was sitting there half stunned and half laughing that she has a shoe injury. Kids here are crazy sometimes. There are so many kids that just don't want to go to school. Everyone says it's a social problem, the kids are too shy, but I think the real problem is the kids hate the form of school here so much and since everyone will assume the former they choose not to go. Anyway...

I should know where I wanna go by now, no? I have so many ambitions and dreams but they all seem so far off. I'm just gonna focus on home right now. For those who I haven't told from home who actually read this, there should be two of you, I'll be going home on the 20th of December. I'm at times almost giddy about going back for the visit. I'm close to counting the days, but I won't just yet because then it will feel like forever.

Besides work and work, I've been not doing a whole hell of a lot because I've felt pretty ill physically. I got some tests done and everything checked out okay, so that kinda sucks but oh well. I just wish for once I could get some strange ass disease that's caught early enough so I can survive, but lasts long enough to get me back to my girlish figure of 16. Hey Santa, you hear that? I'm feeling a bit better, but I have a big weekend of DEEEEP cleaning to see if maybe it's my apartment making me ill.

I'm gonna get going and try to get some work done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home