Starting over with everything..

I lived and worked in Japan for a long time and have come back in a time of economic and ever present family drama to try and gain a foothold in my so-called home country. Armed with nothing but dog fur, a crappy car, a laptop that hates me, I try to see how far I can get.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Viet nam

Vietnam is a beautiful country. I dare say it's one of the most beautiful places I've ever been in Asia. Parts of it had rolling fields of greens which reminded me of the tea fields all around me. Although, it's difficult to appreciate them when you feel like your boobs are gonna bounce straight off your chest while you ride on the bumpiest road you've ever encountered.



There are gorgeous caves. These caves were created by the decending dragons that protected Halong Bay.


Boats waiting in the bay are awaiting people in the bay and
take you back to a time where you can just see pirates alive
and well with hooks and all their burliness.


We slept on the boat which I recommend doing after you've drunk some delicious Vietnamese wine because apparently there are creepy crawlies all over your room. Eh well, just stay in a wine-induced sleep and you'll be fine.





Motorbikes and incessent honking make crossing the street exciting in Hanoi. Life buzzes on the street as it's the happening place to be. Smells of food, petrol, bread and so many unknowns sometime lead the way when looking for adventure.
Adventurers seek food and drink.


Mission accomplished.

Next one is to have clothes made. Submission: Look great while becoming broke.
Again, mission accomplished. Sorry you didn't get to see the clothes, but trust me they're great.

Did I mention how beautiful Vietnam was? This is China beach, about 7km from the city of Danang and one of the nicest beaches I've ever been to. Never would have guessed it was a killing zone, acting as a base for the Vietcong. Later on it was one of the places where the boat people fled from the terror of the Vietnam War. Today it is one of Vietnam's luxury beaches. Strange events, strange ending. Far off in the distance were the Marble mountains where according to the tiger balm girl, is full of monkeys. Didn't have the chance to see it. Maybe next time.

Sorry so many pictures, there are so many more I'd like to share, maybe I'll stick them up somewhere. Til next time. Miss ya'll.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:15 PM , Blogger Amanda said...

    Hey Sarah. Beautiful pics. Looks like you had a great time. Maurice wants to go some time too.

    As for the cow smell, been fortunate enough not to run across it. I heard the slaughter house was closed down some time ago.

    The Japanese beginningn lessons sound great too. I can use all the help I can get! Tell me more.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home