Starting over with everything..

I lived and worked in Japan for a long time and have come back in a time of economic and ever present family drama to try and gain a foothold in my so-called home country. Armed with nothing but dog fur, a crappy car, a laptop that hates me, I try to see how far I can get.

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Euphoria

I've been feeling stranger than usual, lately. I'm hopped-up on so many pain pills I should be flying right now. Guess I need to lose more weigh because flight has been coming and going periodically. Had tooth #3 pulled last Wednesday with really bad after-effects. If you could peel the top layer of skin off of one or your gums, then run a large wet cat covered in salt over that area you can get the gist of how I feel when the meds wear off. Thus why I've been popping tylenol like there is no tomorrow. Forgive me kidneys, I love you but you'll hafta suffer to make mommy feel better.

On the plus side, I've been pretty looped out at moments, normally when I'm on my lonesome, but occassionally in the presence of people who just think I'm crazy. I hide my true craziness elsewhere. It's like a mini-vacay that I sorely need.

I ended up cancelling plans for a Halloween party, partly due to the tooth and partly due to the fact my costume which was kick-ass was sent back to my brother's house because the post office worker who posted it was a retard. Unfortunate, but at least I will have a kick ass outfit for next year.

Sunday, I got to go to a really cool festival in Sasebo called Yosakoi. It was one of the best festivals I'd ever been to here. Basically dance groups from all over Japan come and dance their little hearts out in more or less a traditional/modern Japanese-drill team style. They wear really colorful costumes and have crazy hair and/or make-up. It's kinda rare to see people so happy and energetic, so to see a large number of Japanese people be super happy and super energetic was great and really infectious. I'll post pictures later on this as I'm at school typing when I should be making a yearly plan for one of the classes I teach.

After the festival me and the festival-goers I was with went to a onsen south of where I live to soak all our troubles away and it damn near worked. Tooth pain (or shall I say lack of tooth pain) was great foe. It was a great day and I had semi-great sleep. I did have a great dream about cake. Man, that was some delicious cake. Later on, I woke up in the middle of the night crying because my jaw hurt so badly and after I fell back asleep I woke-up late for work. Oh well.. I can't wait to get pictures of my neices from Halloween. Haley is gonna be a Cheetah girl or Monster princess? She wasn't making too much sense when I talked to her. Megan on the other hand knew she was going to be Aurora, what I can only assume to be Sleeping Beauty. I felt really outta touch when talking to them. I realize how much I miss being here when Haley said, "you don't know the Cheetah girls, do you?" Little smarty pants. I'll show her!

I think I should go as I'm getting loopy again. I'll try to post pictures later, though I may have to do it tomorrow as I have a Halloween party at my English conversation class today. Love ya'll and have a Happy Halloween!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home