Starting over with everything..

I lived and worked in Japan for a long time and have come back in a time of economic and ever present family drama to try and gain a foothold in my so-called home country. Armed with nothing but dog fur, a crappy car, a laptop that hates me, I try to see how far I can get.

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Never again


I came home for lunch today and did some menial chores around the house. Hang laundry before it molds in the washer, check. Fold dry clothes, check. Turn on heater, check. Start lunch, check. Eat half healthy, check. Watch tv, check. Throw trash out, check. Sit down and watch with full attention, check, check. Normally there is a crap-o-rama fest at lunchtime on TV, but today they had one of those survivor shows, you know, I shouldn't be alive or something. They had this guy who got stuck to the step he was stepping off of when he was doing a solo free style dive with some buddies. He stayed upside down for more than 40 mins. That's not why I'm telling this story. I am telling this story to say how sick I felt watching people dive. They showed normal dives over and over. Climbing out on a tiny step, hanging on to nothing but a wing strut, it's facking crazy. And I did it twice!!! What the hell was I thinking? No wonder my mom got so mad after I told her what I did. I didn't go on a free style dive, but I did do a static dive (alone with your parachute attached to a hook inside the plane, when the parachute goes taut the static line pulls your parachute out for you and releases you. Did I mention you are free falling and have let go the the strut to make the line go taut?) Yea, it's crazy. I distinctly remember being scared out of my mind jumping 6 feet down during training. How the hell did I climb out of a moving plane and drop 3,500 feet? BY MYSELF, TWICE. Man, seeing jumping from the jumpers view makes me think, wow, that's freakin' awesome and man, what I won't do after I've paid to do it. I'm glad I go senseless and do crazy things once in a while. I hope I do that for the rest of my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home