Starting over with everything..

I lived and worked in Japan for a long time and have come back in a time of economic and ever present family drama to try and gain a foothold in my so-called home country. Armed with nothing but dog fur, a crappy car, a laptop that hates me, I try to see how far I can get.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

When does the ass become a popsicle??

I am so cold I think I've forgotten how to stay warm. I have 3 shirts, one fleece sweater and one fleece jacket on and am still freezing. How is that possible? I'm gonna die from the heat in Thailand. Still I'm looking forward to the tan, so I won't mind dying brown and beautiful. Just 9 more days, 5 more work days... Just 9 more days, 5 more work days... My mantra changes slightly every morning.

I haven't been writing recently due to my new Mexican house guest. When I lived in Nagoya, I stayed in a dorm with two other Mexicans there. One named Ines and the other Diana, both from afluent Mexican families, one who was really stuck-up (Diana). Oh, but if ever she needed help, who do you think that she came running to? It's the unwritten rule, even if you're considered a sell-out or not really Mexican (how that is even though both my parents are Mexican, I don't understand) that you're obligated to help your countrymen in time of need- like the facking military or something. So, who helped translate when Diana needed help to explain how a Japanese transvestite in a miniskirt was stalking her... me and a Chinese girl, I didn't know how to say transvestite in Japanese. Sorry, I have to vent a little bit.

The one I continued talking to after the program, who I believe is a really good person recently asked me to help her younger sister who was coming to Japan for the first time. She wanted information on places to stay, things to see, etc... which I gladly gave her. Her sister started e-mailing me, asking me questions and I tried to answer them the best I could to help her. So she comes to Japan and she ends up in some shoddy guesthouse and gets the flu. So after a stint in the hospital, she stays with me, at the request of her sister whom asked me and has been at my house ever since Tuesday. Armida is a really lovely woman who talks A LOT. She gets up really freaking early too. I find out yesterday she is planning just to stay with me the rest of the time (slight shock) but I'll be gone for the majority of the time so I don't mind.

It's strange having someone you've never met in your life stay in your home. When I went to pick her up, I was a bit apprehensive if I'd know who she was but the minute I saw her, not only did she have Ines' face, but a bright purple jacket and pink ked shoes on. Adorable. She reminded me a bit of how my mom dressed in the 80's. I hope she has a good time in Japan and keeps a good impression of Japan. I'm very conscious of how clean my house is and how warm it is now. I feel like my mom is here in a way. Oh well, I'm sure I'll get over it. I'm hungry a bit but I don't think I have any food at my desk... Oh well, just a little longer til lunch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home