Starting over with everything..

I lived and worked in Japan for a long time and have come back in a time of economic and ever present family drama to try and gain a foothold in my so-called home country. Armed with nothing but dog fur, a crappy car, a laptop that hates me, I try to see how far I can get.

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Bored, bored, bored

I'm considering ramming my toe into a wall so I have a little excitement today. There is an off chance I could injure myself and be sent home early but I doubt it. Plus I have no money to pay for the hospital bill. Yesterday I read a 400 page book at work. And I taught 1 class. We've officially hit the slow time of the school year. Half of me doesn't mind but the other half of me wants to stay home in the morning so I don't have to brave the cold or work.

Oh, new update on excitement, (I wrote the first paragraph this morning,) I got to put 300 sweet potatoes in plastic sacks for students. Actually me, Chris and one of the English teacher did. It was the most exciting thing all day besides the vice principal talking to me about a meeting I'm supposed to go to next month and how I have to take Chris with me and oh yea, I have to do... and I have to do... It's not even my damn school that I'm working for, it's one of Chris' schools but I got volunteered to do it. Frustrating. At least I get a little money.

Why the hell do they turn on one heater, the one close to the principal, but decide that the other one, in the back of the room- closest to the two foreigners, is turned off all the damn time? Bastards, I'll bring more clothes and shiver a bit tomorrow, maybe it will make them feel bad. I especially enjoy when they (the administrators) come over to talk, say 'wow, it's cold isn't it?' and go back to their desk by the heater and take off their coat they put on so they could talk to us. Grrr.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home