Starting over with everything..

I lived and worked in Japan for a long time and have come back in a time of economic and ever present family drama to try and gain a foothold in my so-called home country. Armed with nothing but dog fur, a crappy car, a laptop that hates me, I try to see how far I can get.

Monday, December 05, 2005

If I could turn back time...

Sorry, I like using songs in things I write or in everyday conversation. It's soothing to me somehow seeing that songs apply to my daily life. Although, I can't find relevance in the song I'm currently listening to... there was something in the air that night, the stars were bright, Fernando. If I had to do the same again, I would my friend, maybe... But I doubt it. Would I have even come to Japan the first time? Would I have gotten a major that would have held more chances of me gaining financially after I had graduated? Would I have studied harder, worked out more, made myself a better person? Dated more, drunk less, volunteered at meaningful and important causes, become more scholarly or politically motivated? Doubt it. I guess I would have done the same again. Damn, I'm retarded.

Damn, Abba is just good music. Anyone who doesn't think so can get the hell away from me. I call Abba my Lanie music. It's my happy thought of late, Lanie (my brother Jaime's wife) just bopping and singing in her car with eerie accuracy almost any pop ballad. Something you don't expect from a little Filipino lady.

Man I would kill for Pollo Loco here. I've really been wanting some beans and chicken I don't cook myself. Sorry guess I'm hungry and the two granola bars I had for brekky just aren't cutting it. Oh well, all in preparation for the fast I guess. Most people I've talked to about it lately have told me I'm crazy to go on a vacation that makes me not eat and "flushes-out" my system, sounds more like torture than fun, but I'm convinced otherwise. Just 18 days till I leave. Just 18 days...

Today is Shelley's birthday! Happy birthday to her (my brother Jerry's wife) but I doubt they read my blog. Anyway, happy birthday. I'll try to call her later. Speaking of birthdays, Yuritzi's (my oldest niece's) birthday is Thursday. 18 years old... It's unbelieveable. I actually want to cry when I think about that because she is so beautiful and has so many opportunities ahead of her, but I'm so afraid she'll ignore them and be sitting here like me trying to channel Cher (can you channel the spirit of someone living?) seeing if she could turn back time. Speaking of which if anyone wants to send me some Oil of Olay lotion from home so I can turn back the time of my eye wrinkles, I'd appreciate it. I must go, I'm trying to start and finish a book today, oh the work I do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home