Starting over with everything..

I lived and worked in Japan for a long time and have come back in a time of economic and ever present family drama to try and gain a foothold in my so-called home country. Armed with nothing but dog fur, a crappy car, a laptop that hates me, I try to see how far I can get.

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Killer mosquitos and softball

Why the hell are there still mosquitos alive in December? How the hell do they live? I come home and they are hovering outside my door waiting for that oh so yummy and rare Am-Mex blood. Friggin' bastards. After and only after doing my kung-fu mosquito chops can I enter my house. I used to say that all mosquitos (just like all the men I meet) in Japan are sukebe- dirty and skeezy, because I would only have bites in very unusual places that I had no idea I'd left vulnerable. These winter mosquitos are a bit slower tho'. Thank goodness for that.

So, my day at work was extremely productive. Nothing like messing around on the internet all morning, grading 4 tests and playing softball the rest of the afternoon. Ah Japan. These are the kind of days I don't mind at work. I also love the fact that just because I'm American makes me a hot commodity team wise. I unfortunately got on the administrative team because me and the assistant principal have a budding relationship due to the yoga club and her recent addition. We had a team consisting of the ladies who serve tea and do the gardening and the people who sit in the office doing paperwork all day. We improved the second game, innings still went by in a flash. All and all it was a good day.

4 Comments:

  • At 4:02 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You get to go to work and play softball!!! Is this common in Japan? The mosquitos sound like the ones up here in Canada. :)

     
  • At 11:06 PM , Blogger sarah said...

    No, it's highly uncommon, but we are during high stress mid-year testing and they do it to aliviate the stress for the teachers. But the rest of the year we just work. :-(

     
  • At 4:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    ahh well, I guess i'll unpack then.

     
  • At 5:20 PM , Blogger Claytonian said...

    I was just scratching a mosquito bite...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home