Starting over with everything..

I lived and worked in Japan for a long time and have come back in a time of economic and ever present family drama to try and gain a foothold in my so-called home country. Armed with nothing but dog fur, a crappy car, a laptop that hates me, I try to see how far I can get.

Thursday, January 05, 2006

The long road home

Today will never end. I am still in Bangkok, anxiously awaiting for time to come for me to leave. Bangkok is nice if you want to shop, inhale a lifetime's worth of smog, get cheap good food or massages, get a butch haircut, want to get it on with an Thai girl or boy-girl... things like this; but I have been here way too long. I can't believe I've only been here 2 and a half days.. I leave tonight and will be grateful to arrive to the freezing warmth of Saga.

I am craving Japanese food (a smidgen). I miss my bed. I miss my car. I miss fixing my own food. I know it's only two weeks and if I were on another island, trust me I wouldn't miss anything but my car (maybe) but I feel like I'm going a bit crazy.

I had a good trip. I feel really healthy (save the fries I had a bit ago and the pizza I intend on ordering at the airport) and am really motivated to make some small but meaningful changes in my life health-wise, mentally, goal-wise, etc... I don't really feel like I celebrated the holidays, but that's okay I'll celebrate some other year, God willing. I'll post loads of pictures, hopefully not of the same thing when I get back. Hope everyone is alive and kicking and well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home