Starting over with everything..

I lived and worked in Japan for a long time and have come back in a time of economic and ever present family drama to try and gain a foothold in my so-called home country. Armed with nothing but dog fur, a crappy car, a laptop that hates me, I try to see how far I can get.

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Jesus saves

My life has been hectic as of late, but I have some really wonderful friends that have stayed by my side helping me get through the crazy times. I'm gone from home so often, that I lean on friends I have at the times when my world goes wonky, but that doesn't mean I haven't forgotten my family and don't miss them terribly. I think I'd probably fall to pieces if I did have my family to lean on because it'd be too much. Anyway, I'm glad I have both when I need it.

No, I haven't become a devoutly religious person over all that's transpired recently, but I did get meet a Jesus look-a-like recently. His name is Juan, maybe that's his cousin... And amazingly he was born in Yakima and lived in Wapato when he was really little. Mom, we have no Ramirez in our family right? Hee, hee.. It's so refreshing to meet someone from home. You have no idea. It's just made me so happy to know that other people exist out there. (Sometimes I forget.) This Jesus-look-a-like has helped restored some recently lost faith that I have in the world in general and he did that by just existing and smiling. Funny. I know I'm just rambling now...

I went to a really neat festival in the middle of no where yesterday, we paid a few yen and got all you can eat BBQ. Whomever thinks Japanese people don't eat a lot hasn't seen them chopstick-fight for slabs of pork on a grill. After I went to lovely Costco to have fun shopping for American stuff in bulk. Man, do I miss going with mom, Jaime, and Lanie to Costco. I always think of you guys when I go.

I think kids have an innate ability to realize when things are wrong with you. I had to teach elementary school earlier this week and was quite down when I went but got such warm fuzzy feelings from my kids who were on a hug-a-thon this week. I almost wanted to cry when some of them dragged me down and were like, we love you! Maybe they just needed love too. Sometimes you just need a hug.

One teacher at one of my schools always comments on how many students at elementary schools feel unloved by their parents because they never see them or really communicate with them and that they really treat school as home. It's so sad sometimes. Teachers here have to deal with not only their students education but their mental well-being. It's amazing how they give so much of themselves to them.

This is really a happy post, please don't think I'm sad, I'm learning how to smile again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home